Hello there fellow crafters,
Spring is in the air and the weather is changing for the better. Today I have a fun bunny card for Easter that would be a great card to make with the children in your life and a great card to give them as well. So I hope you hop along with me today and enjoy the card making process
- Cut down a piece of 100 lb pink card stock to make a standard A2 size top folding card.
- Using the MFT stitched rectangle die, cut out a piece of 100 lb grey cardstock and ink the edges with hickory smoke distress ink.
- Using a piece of distress watercolor card stock and the Altenew watercolor set take the two pink colors and create a color wash background and heat set it using the Ranger heat tool.
- Take some distress hickory smoke ink and smoosh it on the Tonic glass mat and spritz water on it the take a brush and splatter onto the completed watercolor background piece.
- Using that completed piece take two of the dies from the Sizzix splat die set and die cut them and save the negative space as I will show you later in this post how to create a second card using it.
- Using the Happy Easter Joy Clair stamp set stamp out the little chubby bunny onto some 110 lb Neenah solar white classic crest card stock using a copic friendly black ink. I used black licorice from FSJ for this project.
- Color the image using copic markers or any other color medium you prefer
- Copics used for ears and tummy were R20 and R22
- Copics used for the rest of the bunny were C1 C2 and C3
- I also used the copic blender pen 0 to help with the fact I always color outside the line.
- Once I finished the coloring I added some wink of stella to his ears and tummy.
- Next I used my scan n cut to cut him out as I am just not a huge fan of cranky cutting
- Adhere the grey stitched rectangle die cut piece to the pink card base using some foam squares.
- Adhere the splat die cuts on top of the grey card stock layer and ink the edges using the hickory smoke distress ink.
- Using the lawn fawn stitched circle cut out using some of the pink card stock and adhere in to the card.
- Add some foam squares to the bunny and adhere to the stitched circle piece .
- Next stamp out the happy easter sentiment from the same stamp set in the lower right hand corner.
Remember when I told you to save the negative spaces from the die cuts. I went ahead and made a second card using them.
- Cut down a piece of 110 lb Neenah solar white classic crest card stock to a standard top folding A2 size card.
- Adhere the negative die cuts to the card base using some art glitter glue.
- Using the hugs die from the inkon3 bunny hugs die set cut it out using some grey card stock and adhere it down to the card.
- Add some wink of stella to the hugs cut out.
- Add some pink sequins and boom you have an instant second card made.
Link to the periscope where I created these card live.
Thank you so much for hopping along with me today on my blog and hope you get a chance to watch the periscope as well. Have a Craft-T day ya’ll.
Affiliate links used when available to help support Kate’s Crafty Closet at no additional cost to you.